Monday, March 21, 2016

Peru 2016 - Day 7 - It rains in Pachacutec - Part 1

Greetings everyone who's following this trip. 
I hope you have been enjoying the pictures, and yes, even the text. 
I know I gave Hannah and Thomas lots of homework yesterday with the blog. 

Still have to fix the incorrect reference to Lucy and Tobie, but it will have to wait till I get home. 

It's 11 pm and I'm finally done posting the pictures and typing.
As I was looking at the comments that have come in on my iphone, I noticed that my title had changed from
Pastor Ron's Deep thoughts and shallow entries to

Pastor Ron's trailing thoughts and elliptical entries. 

The only other person that has my password is John B so, thanks John for updating the blog. 
While you are at it, you should be fixing my grammatical errors to eh!!! : ) 

Yesterday was probably the most difficult posting day. 
All the late nights do catch up with an aging Youth Pastor.  
But I digress. 

Today is the last day we will be at Gamaliel church. 
It will once again rain in Pachacutec.  :  ) 
For my first time readers, that means that there will be some tears in a dessert land.  

We were up for 6:50 a.m. again to be able to read the wonderful blog comments from you.  

Thanks to all of you who took the time to write something. 
You have two chances left.  : )  
Yes, Tomorrow we will be tourists, but I will post that day while the team is flying home (D.V.) and you may post your final comments then.
It is my hope that I will also have some summary comments from this group about their thoughts of the trip to post for tomorrow night.  

So, George was ready to read the blog again early in the morning.  I love that Georgie.  : ) 



Gigi awoke early as well to do her devotions and spend the morning with our group. 


A quiet courtyard as people slowly get up. 


Others now coming in to read the blog. 


Three of the 7 wonderful interpreters.
Judith, Gigi, and Debora. 
They have all done a WONDERFUL, AMAZING job this week and made our communication with Gamaliel church seamless. 
Thank you so much.  


So, it seems that everyone in Pastor Steve's room finally gave up and left him to sleep alone.  
Such a bear looking place.  : ) 



Steve couldn't take Steve's snoring any longer, but he did last the longest in the room.  :)  


Andrew sauntering to the kitchen to get his coffee. 


Joycegina and Gigi giving their morning hug. 
They have bonded well this week.   


Good morning Leah.  : ) 


So apparently Daniel was going to learn to shave today.  





First time ever, apparently.  
Don't worry Wilma, the plastic cap is still on the razor. 
Really.  : ) 



Gigi received a Spanish Bible from Joycegina. 
Apparently she only had a very old one so she appreciated the gift. 


Today was Lauren's Bday.  

Her mom and dad sent along a card for her.  


Tickets to a show, I believe. 
Don't remember which one though.  


Time for more comments to be read.  


And they were wonderful to read and laugh about.  




It seems the hugging certain boys in the group is becoming a trend.  :  ) Today it was Sheldon's turn. 




I think he was ok with it.  : ) 


After our final devotional session it was time for breakfast again.  Our Translator table.  


Good morning Gigi. 
I'm going to miss saying good morning to you each morning. 





Some breakfast shots.  





A small bday party for Lauren broke out.  





Complete with presents.  

Ryan sitting with all his friends. 
I joined him. : ) 


They had honey nut Cheerios this morning.
Yes Peter, I know it's processed food, but I'm ok with that.  : )   

Nice streamer Lucy.  Such a child.  


Peace out.  


Pastor Craig with his morning cup of Java.  
He quite approves.  



The morning breakfast table.  


Daniel finishing off his fake shave.  


Hmmmm, 
Seems that shoes are making their way out into the courtyard.  


Good morning Jackie.  


Peter what happened with your glasses?  
You have a screw loose I hear.  ? : )  


Time for dishes once again.  



I see the Brinkman's are working hard.  : ) 

Andrew, you look tired.... : ) 


Hey Samantha, or is that ERIN!  


Keep smiling Katrina. 

GROSS!  


Nice smile Daniel.  


Andrew, the consummate photo bomber.  


Pastor Craig seems to like to brush his teeth in a social setting.  


Sunscreen application centre.  
A VERY important part of the day, Right Tobie!! : ) 


Passing the time till the bus arrives.  


Hey Kayla.  


Andrea distributing first aid supplies.  
She has taken great care of us this week. 


Time to move to the bus for the last time.  
Sheldon brought his picture to present to Pastor Sergio.  




Miriam is joining us today again. 
YEAH! 








Those water jugs aren't that light, but Kayla and Tobie seem to be making light work of it.  


The final trip to Pachacutec. 






Everyone GET ON THE BUS!!!  : ) 




hmmmm , these two are chumming around quite a bit lately.  


Some bus ride pictures. 
Hey Miriam, nice to see you.  



Tobie yawning, and Kayla...well, i don't know what she's doing.  



.
Sheldon making sure his picture stays in tacked. 
I'm glad it made the trip in his luggage


Brittany changes spots again. 
She moved to the front of the bus and scared me to death because I thought we left her behind.  


I guess Tobie had enough of that look from Kayla.  


The back of the bus.  


Brinkman pictures that will be used tonight.  


The bandanna boys.  Ready for Construction work.  


A clapping game broke out in the bus.  


Ryan!!! My man.  

Peter and Lauren seem to be striking up a good friendship this week.  Or should I say Dr. Peter Berti!  :  ) 


Annette's having a bad hair day.  :  )  

And Gigi spends the time on the bus reading her Bible (old one still) that is unless I'm bugging her about something.  

The traffic was light again today.  








We arrived at Gamaliel church slightly early and prepared for our groups. But first a bit of first aid for Steve.  



One group went on home visits, while another group helped with the concrete floors and the rest prepared again for market evangelism.  











Miriam and Sheldon decided to sit the morning out as both weren't feeling the best still and wanted to be able to enjoy VBS.  




Our construction crew hard at work.  


Lots of old concrete to get rid of.  


Peter worked hard too today. 
He was some dirty by lunch time.  : ) 


A group going to visit in the homes.  



George off to visit and encouraging Ryan.  


Almost time for us to leave with members of the church.  


The three musketeers ready for market evangelism.  



A familiar place to us now.  


A nice pensive shot of Brenda.  


The crowd soon gathers as we go out and invite people to come.  

I introduced us, and today we had three people share a short testimony about their life. 
Zoe led us off with her story of her journey with Diabetes. 
A touching and good story to hear.  



And then it was time for the drama again. 
Not all of the pictures are here but you get the idea from yesterday.  











A powerful drama. 
I loved seeing it every time.  
That brings us to the end of part 1. 
Time to move on to part 2. : )







1 comment:

Christine Admiral said...

Best day ever for spelling mistakes! My favourite is "I will once again rain in Pachacutec" I know you meant it to be about the weather but maybe you secretly want to be King Ron!

You all look pretty happy for how tired you must be. Well done with the good attitudes.

My special hi today goes to Katrina, Ella and Daniel. Your classmates miss you. (Sorry to remind you about school). And I missed you in the van this morning Katrina.

Safe travels.