Sunday, March 20, 2016

Peru 2016 - Day 6 - Marketplace evangelism - Part 3

Part 3. 

Dianne is ready for her drama role again.  





This is Pastor Sergio's brother. 
He's helping with the construction.  


And this is Pastor Sergio working hard as usual. : ) 

Indoor ball throw again. 



Andrew and George. Inseparable. : ) 


Construction keeps moving forward, even with us not there.  


Alright. 
A brief pause. 
Colin ended up taking pictures of eyes on bus on the way hom. 
They ended up here, so I thought I'd find out from YOU who you might think these people are. 
I think they are kind of creepy if you ask me. 
I'll number them so you can respond as to who you think they are.  
#1


#2


#3


#4



#5



#6


#7


#8



#9



#10



OK, back to VBS.
Time for the kids to come into the sanctuary for songs.  



Yes Pastor Craig?
Did you want to say something?  





We started things off with Israel talking with the kids and all of us doing some actions. 
It was all in Spanish, but it looked fun.  : ) 


And then the music started and we danced some more. 
George loves to dance I discovered.  : )  





Our song/dance crew this time. 
Tomorrow we have a surprise for the kids and for you as to who the group will be up front. 
Stay tuned, you will be entertained I assure you.  :) 





























This boy had a t-shirt that was a craft for or 2014 trip. 
Neat. 


Construction continues.  


DRAMA time once again. 




This time it was about Jesus being tempted by Satan. 


Satan was played by Peter. 
His voice reminded me of the newer batman movies.  :) 




The angels attending Jesus.  


The women's group.  


The group has grown and seems to be gaining momentum. 
We hope it will continue when we are gone, and the ladies have tried to ensure that will happen. 
Annette is already planning a conference in two years during VBS.  :) 
This has been one of those small things that has taken on a big significant ministry role while we are here. 
Not seen, but powerful for these women.  


Memory verse time.  


Child review time.  


CRAFT TIME


This was a bit more difficult craft.  


And this child doesn't seem to care too much about it, right Danike?  


But the rest of the group really got into it.  





Tobie helping calm a crying baby.  


The fruits of the spirit written out to help he kids write it down on the Popsicle sticks.  

Brenda giving out lots of masking tape.  




Getting there. 



Ryan doing a GREAT job.  


Peter in constant conversation, but having enough of the children for one day. : ) 














Steve really into it.  : ) 


The finished craft.  



Hey, no PDA's.  

Seems to be catching on. : ) 







And VBS ends with the TRAIN!  











And balloons. 
New tactic.  
Stand at the edge and hand out to prevent kids from jumping off the ledge and hurting themselves.  



They loved the balloons. 







We left for home at 4:15 and were home in 1 hour. 
Record time.  : ) 
So some reflected on the day, and others took showers and waiting for supper.  


Hey Leah what do you have there.....


Right, the Air Canada brownie.  
So far it seems to be fairing well. 
Don't ask me to be eating that thing! 



Daniel and Ryan chillin. 


Addie and Danike feeling much better after their showers. 
The lack of hot water doesn't seem to be phasing anyone. :  ) 


Journalling time once again.  


Nice braid job Leah. 
Who did that for you. 
Looks really neat.  



Supper time. 
I can't have this...cheese involved. 








So you may have noticed that I had no coffee picture with Miriam in it today. 
That's because she was our casualty of the week. 
She was sick all night and stayed home for the day, but thankfully she is feeling much better today. 
Still weak, which surprised her, but feeling better. 
Hopefully she will be able to spend our last day with us tomorrow.  


More dinner shots.  





A warm orange drink. 
Was interesting.  


Rice and meat and french fries. 
Delicious.  


Dessert was pudding. 
Had milk, so I couldn't have it, but Joycegina was kind enough to let me have one taste.  

And Gigi gladly took the dessert I couldn't have. 
What a saint. :) 


One of the VERY few pictures of Joycegina and me. 
Yes, she is my wife, and I do love her, but I have a job to do.    :) 
Good thing she understands.  


Gerry, this picture is JUST for you.  : ) 
Video camera is working and you will notice the record button is ACTUALLY ON!!!!! : ) 
This is from Colin to you BTW.  



After supper we relaxed and did a few more things.  
The Bible Study women preparing roses for the women with Bible verses and praying over them. Neat.  



Others wrote cards to some of the children they have been getting to know. 
Katrina received a couple of cards from girls she has gotten to know. Touching.  




Dianne is getting ready for the final day of VBS Drama time. 
I can't believe we are already at that point.  




Our tradition is to treat the group to Inca Cola and Beer and Wine on the last, or second to last, night, as they write out nice comments to each other. 
Pastor Steve loves me again. : ) 


As did the rest of the group. 
The highlight of my week. 
5 minutes of genuine love towards me. : ) 

Leah getting into ANOTHER picture unannounced.  

The Inca Cola crowd.  : ) 




Everyone enjoying a cold beer after a week of VERY hot ministry time.  Well deserved.  






Cheers.  






Peter, you look WAY to serious. 
He and Jackie stayed back at the church to do another session with moms on breast feeding techniques. 
It went very well with about 15 women showing up and a couple of men too. 
I had Lucy and Kayla stay behind to help with childcare. 
They were needed and appreciated.  

The comments time is always fun. 
What I find fun each time is Dianne and Marsha holding up the line because this is so personal for them. 
Almost a religious experience.  
They write epistles to everyone. :) 



And then there is Gigi and Debora and Judith, I think? 
Three Peruvians playing Dutch Blitz. Go figure. 

Well, that brings us to the end of another day. 
I hope it has been enjoyable for you. 
It was both that and challenging for us. 

But it was a good day. 
Stay tuned for tomorrow's blog. 
We do more market evangelism and say good-bye to Gamaliel's people once again. 
It will rain in Pachacutec once again....I promise you. : )
Until then, good night. 







16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm I don't think my post are getting to you, now I'm on my iPad cause I don't think my phone likes your blog and I have no idea where a computer is in the house and that's a lot of work and probaly has a virus, I swear it is not the user!!!!!
I see another day has come and gone! What a exciting day to see more of the town, what a blessing Peter and Jackie to give help to the mothers and familes.
Can't wait to see you all soon
Jackie

John said...

Scoreboard update for my girls:
Carleton beat Dalhousie
Calgary beat Ryerson
Carleton plays for the championship tonight.

Unknown said...

LAUREN! I'm so sorry that this probably won't get read on your actual birthday. There were technical difficulties.
Anyways, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you have a great day and I miss you a lot.

Unknown said...

Hmmmm I don't think my post last night went thru... I must be having the same issues as Jackie and I swear it's not the user's fault either! ;)
We just want to tell Sheldon that we think about him each and every day! You are all doing a wonderful job... Wow, what a journey!
Family notes: Sheldon we played Domino with the Campbell's and the Hebert's last night (Poor Colleen lost and wasn't happy about it)! We showed them the blog and they really enjoyed seeing all the photos. Oh, that first "ear" on day 6 of the blog has to be Sheldon's ... Am I correct?
Jax is looking all over the house for you Sheldon wondering when you are coming back?! We have a special request ... Can you please hug Sheldon for us since we will not be able to be at the airport in Ottawa when he arrives back home...we couldn't get the day off work! :(
It's getting close to departure time so wishing everyone a safe journey back home!
Lots of love,
Sylvie & Jay

Jocelyn Hogeterp said...

Hey mom and Zoe!
It looks like you guys are having an absolutely amazing time!
I didn't know that you had such wonderful face painting skills, Zoe!! I should have commented on that earlier post, but I was surprised to see that you were pulling Mariam into the fountains, mom!
I'm excited to hear more about what God has been doing when you get back.
I love both of you and miss you like crazy!
Love,
Jocelyn

Ps. Leah, I'm loving all of your photobombs and silly faces in all of these blog posts!

Anonymous said...

Peter's hair?
10/10!

Felicia Mattie said...

#1 looks like Leah's eyes....
And Miriam... Hope you feel better and can enjoy the last day there!

Lenni said...

Praying for Miriam. Hope you feel much better very soon. Hugs and love being sent your way. Love seeing the pictures of you all and most of you are smiling most of the time! Thanks to Ron for all the posts, even though they are quite the time commitment, some things really don't change :)

Tracy Bradley said...

❤️🙏🏻
Looks like another fantastic day!
Praying for your safe return.
Give our hugs to the kiddies...
Marisa and Tracy

Anonymous said...

Hello Peruvians. Gerald a Adema here. Tech issues and came to lorianns to post. First of all I am so proud of our Cornwall team. I wish I was there and with all of you. Some things never change though. Ron it is great to see you and joycegina together....... I,m jealous in a good way.. George is quite the dancer. The three amigos jack add Dan. Cute couples Andrew and George. Dianne and Steven. .brenda a and Brit. Marsha and Sheldon. Sheldon I get Marsha back Tuesday 😍 Steven and his new friend on the floor, nice pic.. Safe travels home to all. God truly has blessed all of you. Gerry

Anonymous said...

Hello Peruvians. Gerald a Adema here. Tech issues and came to lorianns to post. First of all I am so proud of our Cornwall team. I wish I was there and with all of you. Some things never change though. Ron it is great to see you and joycegina together....... I,m jealous in a good way.. George is quite the dancer. The three amigos jack add Dan. Cute couples Andrew and George. Dianne and Steven. .brenda a and Brit. Marsha and Sheldon. Sheldon I get Marsha back Tuesday 😍 Steven and his new friend on the floor, nice pic.. Safe travels home to all. God truly has blessed all of you. Gerry

Anonymous said...

Hey Kayla we wanted to send you a comment to tell you we are thinking of you and we hope you are having a great time. Say hi to Lauren and Leia Organa Solo for us. And give Ryan a big hug from Emma.
Alexa and Emily

Liam said...

Daddy come home soon. Sooner than you thought.

John said...

Scoreboard update:
Carleton wins! 101 - 79.

Robert W said...

Hola - Brenda is #8 on the eyes and Andrew is #3

Market evangelism very interesting to see. All good on the home front except that we are still having crappy weather.

Enjoy your last day and savour the gift that this trip has given you.

Celebrate and embrace!

John said...

Dear Ron:
I like what you've done with the title of your blog. I wish I were as creative as you.
It has come to my attention that you wanted to give me credit for making this change.
And that's just like you to recognize the efforts of others instead of drawing attention to yourself.
I'm humbled.
However, in the event that this takes an ugly turn, be aware that I've retained Lucy as my legal counsel.

But really, Ron: Thanks again for the many great pictures, the volumes of words, and the abundance of punctuation.

In the off-chance that this comment makes it past the censor, please greet my clan for me. I miss them.

Annette: Have you found anyone to talk to? Remember: no one loves you like I do.
And... I can't take this psychological warfare with the cat any more. I need someone to come in and be the "good cop".

Finish strong.