Saturday, March 19, 2016

Peru 2016 - Day 5 - Routine and Peter's Teaching - Part 2


Part 2

Back to Katrina painting. 


Taking a break.  


Dianne enjoyed painting with the girls.  
She learned lots about them.  : ) 
What movies to watch, songs to listen to, stuff like that. 


Back to the construction group.
They lifted the old concrete away using plastic sacks.  


Load them up 

and toss it into a pit close by.  


Others loaded a wheel barrow with sand for mixing.  


Others went out for their visits. 
Unfortunately no pictures of them today.  


Pastor Sergio working hard with us. 
He's not doing it as often as in other years. 
He's 53 now and realizing he's getting older. : ) 
I can identify.  


I see Craig is learning how to be a city employee.  
Watching Kayla work hard.  


More gathering of concrete.  


and more throwing away.  Came to a competition of who could throw the stuff the farthest.  



Who won do you think? 


Dianne and Katrina and Ella wearing their war colours.  


And chatting things up as they painted.  


Joycegina's glasses were coming apart so Judith tried to fix them.  

Oh, Pastor Craig actually did push some dirt.  


But I think Kayla has more dirt in her wheelbarrow. 


Joycegina wanted Lucy and Kayla to demonstrate the proper way to lift the bags.  Bend the knees.  


Steve loves doing this construction work in the heat. 
Just like his mom. 


Brenda went to visit a family she met last time she came.  

Sometimes families decide to stop coming to a church and this family did for many different reasons.  


Brenda wanted to meet with them and talk about the why's, etc.  She was able to do that and had a very productive visit, and got to know that they are attending another church and actively involved in it.  







This gentleman came up to the library to chat with us and show us his dancing skills.  : ) 


Ella and Katrina showing off their painting efforts. 
They even managed to get some paint on the fence. : ) 


Soon it was time for lunch.  





Sorry about that Andrea.  : ) 


Different chips but mostly the same food again. 
Ella was happy to get her ham and cheese. : ) 


Everyone settling in and relaxing from the heat. 
And talking about the morning happenings...if I can say it that way John ? : ) 





LEAH!  





The usual spot for the Interpreters. 
In the breezy part of the room
hmmmmm.  : ) 


We needed to start balloon making again too.  


Katrina and Ella getting to know Debora better.  


And showing her different songs with hand actions.  


I'm trying to get the pictures organized earlier in the day so I don't have to be doing it later in the evening. 
Seems to be working.  


Michelle and Miriam chatting things up.  


As are Annette and Jackie.  


We are going to be doing market place evangelism tomorrow. 
something new for us. 
Here are some of our group, with one Gamaliel church youth practicing the drama for tomorrow.  












Nice face painting.  

Takes a steady hand. 
I wouldn't have that today.  :  )  


Zoe is loving the face painting.  


The line never stops.  



Looks great Judith.  


Time to start playing outside with the kids again.  




Some indoor ball games happened today as well.  


Katrina and Ella played some ball bouncing games and danced to the music that was playing. 
Nice to see Katrina and Ella interacting with the kids.  : )








Miriam connected with a family today.  


And spent a good amount of time with them, and no interpreter.  She must have learned Spanish quick.  : ) 


More dance time.  


I admit I was tired today.  
The days do catch up with you when you don't sleep.  : )
So I rested for the morning to have energy for the afternoon and evening time.  




Dianne is ready to go once again. 
But first.....



Time to gather for opening songs.  


And prayer.  


A bigger group of people this time.  


They did my favourite song. 
SUPER HERO

















The women met again today as well. 
They had a colouring devotional time.  


Time for the drama.  





Today was the story of the two slaves who owed talents and denari






And how the one who owed the more was not grateful and demanded from another who owed him much less.  











Dianne does a great job of involving the kids so the story becomes real for them.  


Colin was feeling it today too. 
I just missed him lying horizontal.  : ) 


Memory verse time.  





And time for kids to review their memory work.  


And then it was CRAFT time. 


Today it was a heart bead necklace.  













And Gigi started dancing with Genesis.  


Impromptu as always.  
I love Gigi's fun loving and positive attitude.  


And before we knew it it was the end of another VBS. 
Time for the TRAIN.  


Gathering the kids in the train line. 
Today we had about 65 kids.  


Tobie led them out.  

Hey, Craig can sleep while standing. 
So talented.  : ) 








New system today. 
Balloons out in the sand so kids have a chance to exit the building first.  



And then get their balloons.  









Everyone then packed on the bus and returned to the hostel, Except for Peter, Jackie and me.  

Peter set up for his nutrition talk.  


I went up to see the progress of the floors.  


Mixing has begun and these two guys were putting in the first floor. 
The work goes on with or without us, as it should be.  :)  


1/2 the patio redone.  





Peter relaxing as we wait for 5 pm to arrive.  


Our ride home.  


Time to open with a song.  


Pastor Sergio. 
That is a bright shirt.  : ) 


A nice group of people.  About 20 ended up coming.  

Jackie held a child so a mom could concentrate better. 
Wasn't a hard sacrifice to make.  : ) 


Here's what Peter was using as a reference guide for 
non processed, partially processed, and processed foods.  


He did a great job. 
Speaking pretty fluent Spanish. 
Made Debora's job very easy.  

Interactive time.  

It was great to see the women engaged in the topic of nutrition.  


And Peter was having fun as well. 


Outside a delivery happening. 
Strong man doing this.  


Peter's getting quite comfortable.  


Pastor Sergio loves the kids too.  


Just before we leave, a wonderful sunset.  

And away we go.  


I asked Colin to get a picture of the evening meal. 
Soup.  


Sauce 


Rice and veggie's with sauce mixed with chicken, and the sauce covering the potatoes.  

The group also did their video sessions, and then relaxed with card games and of course...PIGS.  


Which reminds me. 
I've never actually taken a picture of the group that LOVES to play PIGS. 
So here it is.  :  )  


Cute little container.  



Cute little pigs. 
But I don't get, or know, the rules, and everyone seems to walk away mad from this game, so I'm not so sure I want to know what it's about.  :) 

Ok, that's it for now. 
Talk to you in tomorrow's post. 
Letting you know how our Market place Evangelism goes.  

Please pray for the group as some of us are experience some stomach issues.  Not fun stuff.  
Blessings. 





15 comments:

Don and Anita Herweyer said...

Hey its -10 here now as I right this comment. In spite of most our previous comments having not made it past the editor (aka Hos Ronmar) I am trying again (Lauren).

Great work today everyone! Most people back in Ottawa and Cornwall are anxious to know how the "Pigs" Tournament is going?! Maybe Andrew could proved nightly results for the BLOG?

The SENS lost to Buffalo tonight so it looks like any faint playoff hopes are over. Please remind Andrew that the Leafs still suck and will continue to do so for many years still!

Hope the stomach issues aren't too serious!

Blessings to everyone and enjoy the home stretch!

You are all in our thoughts and prayers!

Don

wilma said...

Great Blog Ron. The photos are wonderful Joycegina and Colin.
I am finding it hard to write a comment this morning. The pressure is on now to make Ron laugh. Thanks John.
Hi Danny, I hear you need some hugs too because your dad's aren't enough. Go get him ladies and Pastor Steve!
Have a super day. Praying for you all!












Unknown said...

Hello again to all from Ingleside! Again, beautiful photos and I don't want them to stop! You are all doing so much good in that community it brings tears to the eyes. The people of Pachacutec are beautiful- the sunsets... stunning
A big big big hug to Danike- I know you are all watching over each other, but thank you again to Jackie and Addie for a little extra care!
Only a few days left- keep up the good work!
Love to you all,
Kylie

Julia Kuipers said...

Hey everyone!
Steven I am glad to see that you are back doing your favorite part of the job on this trip. Have you done the mixing of the concrete yet, because that is a tough one! Mom, so glad to see that you are also doing what you love, painting and of course the bible study which the kids seems to be loving, no surprise there! Dad, well I'm glad you are doing what you love too, playing pass the pigs... Just kidding I see you were hard at work with Steven.
I know that every year a mom always asks to hug one of her kids because she misses them, well I have a special request. Will those same moms hug my family not only because I miss them a ton but also because I know it will bug my brother haha!

Have another great day everyone!
Love, Jul xo

Unknown said...

Good Saturday morning friends! Just in case you are wondering Jackie - Brayden, Blake Karly and Steve are good. I can't wait for Immanuel's Big Give this year. Pastor Steve, you will do a wonderful job heading up the face painting centre. It is a beautiful sunny but chilly day today. I am getting anxious to see you all when you come home and here all of your stories.

Have another wonderful day.

Nancy xoxoxoxo

Janene said...

Hey Craig,
I just woke up on Friday. R poked his head in our room and told me to stay in bed bc they were going to serve me breakfast in bed. You've done well babe.
I love seeing all your pictures group. Keep up the great work.
Ron, you are doing an amazing job. Thank you. Seriously. God has really blessed us with you.
Blessings from the Hoekema's (in Ottawa).

Anita Herweyer said...

Comment for Sunday morning:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAUREN!!!! Hope you have a wonderful day - wish we could celebrate with you. Either Ron or Joycegina has a little something for you.
Love from Mom and Dad and Darren and Bexster and Socks and Hunter

Ben said...

Greetings all,

It's good to see most of you working hard, and others blowing bubbles. Congratulations to Tobie for beating someone 4 years her junior in an arm wrestling match, good to see you challenging yourself. It's also nice to see you guys spreading hugs from back home, but I have a bit of a different request. As my sisters have been away for so long, my brotherly duties have been falling short of their weekly quota, and I could use your help. I always find it quite entertaining to sneak up behind Ella and yell "BAH" and see how much she gets scared. It also works well when just normally talking to her. That would be a picture I would love to see on the blog.
At This point Sam is probably going a bit crazy having gone so long without listening to Taylor Swift, so if someone could serenade her in the most annoying singing voice they can muster, that would be fantastic.
Another note for Ron, if Lucy ever starts to slack off, the sure way to get her working is to find a camera. Any chance for her to show off her... "muscles" (notice how my ellipses only has three dots Ron)
Back here at home it has been quite nice, I am very much enjoying the silence and the peanut butter. I hear in some parts of Lima they eat cats, so I got inspired. That will teach Calvin for pooping on Hannah's bed. Evelyn Curtis has gained some new Instagram followers, but they threaten to unfollow if they do not receive a follow back. I don't actually know what that means. Dad and I have had a car each all week, so naturally they have barely left the driveway.
In all seriousness, I love seeing all the familiar places and the wonderful people of Peru, keep up the good work everyone. I wish I could be there with you.

-Ben

P.S. I forgot to mention my duties as a son. If someone could give my mother a hug and mess up her hair a bit it would be greatly appreciated, thank you. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys, your time there is almost done already! We are really going to miss these posts, it has become a happy part of my day:). Brenda so glad you were able to visit with that family, I think I may recognize one of those beautiful girls in particular eh? My goodness she has really grown up! Enjoy the rest of your trip everyone and we look forward to your safe return.

Love, Carolyne

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys! Amazing how quick time is flying by and how much work is being done in such a short amount of time too. Continued prayers for strength and that those stomach upsets are a thing of the past.

Hope you enjoy the next couple of days!

Love you all (especially Andrew),

Lori Ann

Anonymous said...

Hi Britty and Aunt B, so great to see all the wonderful pictures from Peru and seeing all you guys in action. Especially happy to see all those great pictures of Brittany;) Can hardly wait to hear all of your stories!Love you and see you soon,

Kelsey

Rosy said...

Hi Dad and Daniel! Don't be afraid to photobomb a few more photos. Your blog performance has been on a slight but noticeable decline. I expect you to find a way into each and every picture (refer to Studio C's Photobombing 101). Speaking of declines, Dad, you need to come home soon and give us that talk on processed foods. Our nutrition is on a steady decline without you around.

Katrina, I loved the picture of you dancing with the kids in the church. You look like you're having so much fun!

Love,
Rosy

Alexa said...

Happy Birthday Lauren!

The Eckersleys said...

Hello our much missed Cornwallians! We so appreciate all that you are doing. You are such a blessing - not only to the Pacacutec people but also to all of us here at home. Thank you! Liam and Ben say hi to daddy and can't wait to see you soon.

John said...

Craig:
I notice that whenever I see you with a young child in the pictures, you're always squatting down to get to their level.
That seems like a very effective way to communicate with them. Well done.
And I feel bad that I can't rib you as much as I do Ron -- but I just don't have enough material yet. After all, I've been at this with Ron for well over 10 years.
Regardless, my gift to you this time is that -- since I gave you a nice compliment, Ron will harass you mercilessly because of the double standard.
Stay strong, my friend.