Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Peru 2012 - Day 5 - Tuesday

Tuesday...1/2 way already in this Learning Opportunity. 

(an editorial note.  The Blog and internet have been acting up today, so I apologize if formatting is not the greatest, or pictures are out of order.....) 

Thanks again for all your comments to us.  The group really appreciates them, and boy, are some of them ever funny!  We especially like all the new things we are learning about John, my fearless leader. 

Thanks for all your support in helping me feel better about my text.....  :)  Hannah, you are awesome...and BTW, comment as OFTEN as you like.  We love to receive multiple comments from people.   I know the text will need some fixing, but I think it only bothers the English purists, so maybe you want to  help correct my grammar AFTER I return.....or Kevin, maybe you want to come in 2  years again and you can be my editor.    : )


If the Kubanek's are reading this blog, I just wanted you to know, that Leah is deeply saddened by your lack of interest in her life here in Peru.  She would greatly appreciate it if you would get off your collective rear ends and pick up your computer and send her a bunch of uplifting and touching comments. 

IF however, you choose not to do this, you need to know that Leah is going to stay in Peru and NOT come home....now you may want that to be the case,  but we would love for her to come home. Also to get her off my back, PLEASE send some comments. 

Now, where was I......  :) 
I managed to get 6 hours of sleep last night.  Thanks John for only giving me 96 pictures to process this time.   : )  I know that you all may be disappointed with that, but I can selfishly say that I wasn't.  : )

Last night was spent video blogging for the group.  They are doing well with this.  Zack and Jeannine are great coaches for the conversation.

I also am getting to know Pastor Steve better.  He's quite a sarcastic Pastor.....usually at MY expense.  He had some great one liners about me in the larger group...almost hurt my feelings and everything...  : )   I think he needs some mentoring when it comes to compassion, but apparently I have none, so maybe I need it too.....we can take a class TOGETHER Steve! 


I wanted to come back to Pepe's conversation with our group last night...I was just too tired to process and talk with you about it, but I'm feeling better now. Pepe shared with us why Frontline does what it does, and how it has evolved into starting long term partnerships with churches here in Peru, and in Canada and the U.S. 

We at Calvin went down that road and decided to continue with Gamaliel church for the long term (however long that is).  We continue to watch the relationship develop  with the church and it has been wonderful to watch how each trip evolves into more and different things.

Pepe also talked about the fact that having our groups come to Peru is a good thing.  Yes, you could send the money instead, but in actual fact, he/they don't want the money.  What they want is the relationship that builds between each group.  Through the building and home visits and VBS and other things, we continue to build relationships.  In that both groups are blessed. 

As we continue to plan these Learning Opportunities (and the plan is to go in 2014 again)  I'm excited about how our two churches are growing together.  There's more work to be done, but Frontline has been a huge help in solidifying this relationship.  So, if you are thinking about coming in two years, start putting money aside so you can go...it will make fundraising that much easier.

If you don't think this sort of this is worth while.....let's sit down and talk about that sometime....in the hopes of letting you see the way people in both countries have grown and are blessed beyond measure.

Enough of my ranting.  : )


We woke up at 6:30 again this morning and did our devo's.  Time for breakfast and then on the bus.  Some people are beginning to get queasy stomachs, but so far nothing too serious.  The sun was not shining this morning...praise God.

Traffic was a bit lighter today, but still heavy.  We arrived around 10:15 am.  The school children greeted us at the front of the church in their uniforms.  A wonderful site to see.  There are LOTS of kids here.   We made our way up to the library and had everyone get into their groups, hold hands, and then sit down.  I learned this technique from the translators who do this with the VBS kids all the time...hey, it worked for my group of 40 kids.....  : ) 

Today for construction work we are putting in a concrete walkway from the front of the church to the steps.  Lots of digging.  Carl was bugging me again for doing "different" work, and asked me if I'd be his water boy.  I gladly complied and have been ferrying water to him while blogging.  He's getting a good kick out of it....as am I. 

So, here's Jeannine sitting beside me, and wanting to comment on the blog, so here she is.....

"Well, I wasn't begging to say anything, really. I was just taking a break after visiting the local medical clinic with my group. We got back a bit early because we were able to see one of the nurses right away for a tour. The doctor was called to a meeting, but I think all of our questions were sufficiently answered :)

They are doing some construction on the clinic this year which I believe will expand the facilities. The clinic serves approximately 11,000 people during the year, mostly for respiratory problems in children and adults or sicknesses like fevers. They have a staff of 3 doctors, 3 nurses and 3 technical staff....and 1 obstetrician. Anything major means the patient needs to go to the hospital. Henry noted that there aren't enough medical supplies in an area where those are very much needed. The nurse allowed Gerry to pray for the clinic, it's staff and the patients while we were there. It was a short visit which we didn't mind because the clinic was very, very busy. And that's my little story for today :)"

Ron back again....

The sun hasn't been as hot today.  It came out late and it was a bit cloudy today....PTL.  Still hot though.  We had lunch a bit early and relaxed until 2 pm.  Time to play with the children again.  We had 85 today. 

Great action songs, drama,  and a good craft.  Edith, Marsha and Dianne have been VERY focused on their teaching component.  They wouldn't even stop for lunch...I had to intervene....not an easy thing to do with 3 type "A" personalities.  : ) 

VBS is now over and the group is hanging out until 6 pm when the prayer service will start.  Video blogs are now going on with Jeannine and Zack in the upper courtyard, and John is getting pics ready for today's entry.  People are hot, tired, dirty, but happy.....they are such a great group. 

We have the prayer service, then home, supper and to bed. 

Jackie will now type what's going on in her mind.....

.......today I was blessed to be able to see a school for people with developmental delays(for those who don't know me I work for christian horizons). To see the difference was amazing, Peru has a great school system for these guys better then Canada (sad but true). The government here puts more money in educating these guys then in Canada, and after the age of 17 there is nothing for them.

So some differences that one day I hope change. I had a great time playing soccer with some of them and playing outside. This week truly has been a blessing and it made me happy for the things I have back home.


Just in case you were wondering, the food is good! There are a few burnt faces -  not me - and for that I'm thankful.
Oh and Kevin I knew you would love that hat,  Its Wilma's! I forgot  my hat and sunglasses   ooopppssss :) say hi to Camilla :)

This is Brenda Walker now:
Brenda Walker says hi to everyone at home...Weather is hot but who cares...God has been hard at work here and we are soooo privileged to be serving here. So far I've painted classrooms, visited the orphanage and a special needs center for people here in Pachacutec with developmental and physical disabilities.

To my girls at work, got your message, am visiting the medical clinic on Thursday and they'll get your gift! Keep watching the blog...and keep praying for me...Robert and Brit, got lots of God moments to tell you about...Mom, Dad and family, you're always in my prayers. Lindsey, Brad is a kid magnet and is singing and dancing everyday on a stage with other teens, imagine that! I'm so proud! Heather, Nancy, Jackie, ohhh the pictures I have to show you!!! take care all...



I'm not a big talker (ok well typist) so that is all for me. Dear family please comment and Mel's family too WE MISS YOU!!!!!!!! just saying!

Time for the pics....enjoy!  : )





The school children greeting us as we arrived in Pachacutec.  Wonderful children. 


Everyone wanted their picture taken. 


Only a few were able.







Cute kids













More children waiting a near the class rooms.





The sign for the Special Needs centre. 





Walking in the courtyard. 





Zack spending time with the children. 





Ben and Jackie playing with the Children. Jackie loved being here.  She works for Christian Horizons and wanted to see how things were done in Peru.  She was jealous of the facilities.  Very nice.  The Gov't spent a lot of money for facilities, but didn't leave much for teachers to teach the children.





Yvonne playing with a child.





There are children of varying needs here. 





Steve having a great time. 



















Who took this picture of you taking a picture John? 

















Play seems to be the name of the game here today. 


















While others were at various sites, some were working on preparing the dirt walkway to become a concrete walkway.  It required lots of sand removal.  Here's Tobie working hard at it. 


Michael too.  I think Carl, Tobie and Michael started a Wheelbarrow challenge to see who could walk the farthest to get rid of their sand......


The school in session. 


Sorry teachers for disrupting the classroom with some picture taking...but the kids seem to be enjoying it. 

They are great children. 


Various ages in different classrooms.  Edith and Marsha and Dianne got the chance to observe them in action as part of the teacher training program.

Time for some play for the younger ones.


The feeding program building has walls up and the roof.  Should be ready to go before we leave here. 

I was in good form today....


The three amigo's at lunch NOT eating, but working.....pace yourselves ladies!! 

This is the group of ladies who are making place mats as part of an industry for the community.  They work from noon to late in the evening.  Some of us have ordered place mats which we will be taking home.

Time to play more soccer before VBS starts. 









Back at the church for a time of playing with the children who were arriving for VBS.





Brad is having lots of fun here.





We had a couple of small kites purchased and they flew pretty good.  Not as good as John's kite, but the kids could fly these kites and they had plenty of fun. 





Playing Frisbee has been a hoot all week long, no matter the age.





Brenda getting down to the level of the children.





Brad and some others playing volleyball. 





Lucy helping with somersaults. 





I think there was a similar picture a couple of years ago with Wilma smiling beside a VBS child...I'll have to look that up. They both look as happy as when that pic was taken. 





There's the kite in the air. 





Lucy swinging your partner.





Corinne having a blast. 





Carl played Frisbee with just about any child that wanted to.  He had so much fun doing this. 







The sign of the church. 





The sign for the Christian School. 





Henry ( I think that's Henry)  hauling two kids around.  He had lots of practice hauling sand I think. 





Chris with an added appendage to his back. 





The Chew Chew Wa song comes to life at VBS.





Keep up those actions Megan and Jeannine. 





Looks like they are all sleeping standing up, but it's really more actions to the Chew Chew Wa song. 






The kids get into the songs just as much.





Mina having a blast...but when doesn't she!  : )






Hey there sonny boy...having fun this trip.  I haven't seen much of you on this trip......





Different song, more actions.





Lori Ann having a blast...how's the hair holding out? 






Mel and her puppet friend doing the VBS story time. 





Megan helped and Maria interpreted. 





Alyson listening intently with the children. 





I think Tobie actually coaxed this child to go to sleep on her shoulder....really!





Steve getting ready to help the children with crafts.  Steve is a man of few words, but he sure seems to be having lots of fun. 





Yvonne helping the children with crafts.





Teacher training in the classroom. Today went well, and the teachers are all getting familiar with each other.  The teachers of the school are swapping email addresses, and want to know when these 3 are coming back to give them more training.....cool! 





The man of the hour....Pepe!  This actually looks like a great modeling pose Pepe. 





Steve getting into things with the glue.











Lucy went on a marker writing rampage on pretty much everyone's skin. Good thing the stuff comes off with water.





Gerry (or is that Larry)  being a big help to little children. 





The finished craft product. 







Kyle with the smile. 





Samuel sitting with the children.  He loves to do that too. 





Playing games after being let out of VBS.





Lucy with a new friend, and all kinds of temp.  tattoo's.





Blake makes piggy backing look easy. 





Brad all smiles.





So, Annette B....apparently you will be adding a new daughter to your family quite soon. Apparently this young lady just adores Ben and wishes to ask for his hand in marriage...stay tuned everyone!!! : ) I understand there are 4 other young ladies standing in line....what a heart throb that Benny boy is....  : ) 





We move back to the morning time for some reason...maybe the pictures are out of order or something....






Gerry and Gaelen doing dishes after breakfast. They made a great working pair.





On the bus, and into the traffic. 


We are jumping around a bit here today with the pictures.  Here we are arriving at Gamaliel church and the children have met us. 


Work continues on the feeding program building. 








Children at the top of the hill greeting us as well. 

Tobie, Wilma and Alyson waiting for the next wheelbarrow to come. 


Stone needed removal and some of them were BIG!

Edith and Marsha getting ready to observe in the classrooms. 


A smiley face sticker for some reason?


Falicitas with the ladies and Janet, the interpreter, getting ready for today's lesson.


The shovelling continues.


 
Hey, get out of my way Alyson...that's my wheelbarrow to fill...find your own!  : )

I told you I became Carl's water boy for a time.  As you can tell, I made sure he stayed hydrated, inside and out.


Time for lunch.


 
A beautiful picture.

 

Maria Gracia...a wonderful woman of God and an excellent interpreter. 

 
Nice smile sonny boy! 

Our evening Prayer service.  There were a few members of Gamaliel church there tonight.  We outnumbered them, but that was because we were holding the service 1 hour early.  We had a good time though, of prayer and scripture reading and song.  We sang three songs with the church.  Lots of fun.  Pastor Steve and myself got the chance to pray for some people in the church, and I gave a brief message on Prayer.

Falicitas leading us in worship. 


Three churches assembled for prayer.  The body of Christ in action.  : )

So, after the service, it was on the bus for the ride home.  We were home by 8: 15.  Time for dinner and showers and slowly off to bed. 

Tomorrow it's a bit of a restful day.  Getting up for breakfast at 9 am, then some devotional time, finishing off the video blogs we didn't get to do today, and leaving for the church at 11 am. 

Thanks for reading...(if you find any other grammar/spelling errors....hey, let me know, but they are part of the fabric of the blog and won't necessarily be coming out.  : )  )

Until tomorrow........oh, it is tomorrow....12:15 am.....




29 comments:

Nancy Waldroff said...

Just want you all to know that reading the blog and seeing the pictures is a great way to start the day. I'm off to work now, enjoy your day. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

First comment of the day! Hoping my prayer buddy Ian is having a great trip. Also the entire Peru team and Lofty Studies. It's great to see the pictures and read what is happening every day. Thanks Ron!Mike

Andrea W said...

Good morning from Ottawa! The snow is almost completely gone here and should be fully melted by the time you guys get home. Leah, I'll give you a shout out, just in case !!! :P
Hi Madii! Love you and glad to see you're still toting around the children! Yesterday's picture with the sunglasses got a few 'likes' on facebook, including one from a particular other Kyle. (btw posting select pictures to facebook!)
Take care of yourselves - don't forget the sunscreen - and we love you lots! God bless you all as you continue in his work!
- Love, Mom.

Anonymous said...

dad here again leah
tried to post - sent me to some other page
you look great!
be good - dad

Mattie said...

Love reading these blogs and seeing all the happy faces.Especially Madison....you look like your having an awesome time.Love the pictures of you interacting with all the children! This is so wonderful! Love you!

Grandma!

Cindy W said...

Hola Mom and Jeannine!
Glad that you both seem to be really enjoying your time down there. I see you are both getting some sun. My thoughts and prayers as I hope this has been an incredible and unforgettable first couple of days for you. Miss you lots and Blessings for you and the rest of the team for the remainder of the week. :)

PS: I'm sure everyone will be glad to hear that its beginning to look and feel a lot like Spring back in Ontario.

Nicole said...

I get the impression Dad is having fun. Every day I see "Carl is loving everything!" Yesterday I saw a picture of Dad and Kyle taking a picture! Thanks guys! I can't wait until you all come home so that I can hear even more about what you did. I love you all so much!
Love,
Nicole

Nancy Donnelly (Colbert) said...

Loving this blog Ron - thank you sooo much. It puts our hearts/minds at ease. I am enjoying the comments as well and I REALLY enjoyed being reminded by Miia of 2 Corinthians 3:17 - perfect!!!!! Thank you Miia.

Fontana, not much new here. However I had a cool encounter yesterday when I dropped off an envelope. I went to the reception desk and they told me I had to go around the block and down some stairs to the right place. Of course I was annoyed because I did not understand why they could not just take it and do it for me - it's the same business!! Anyway, around the block and down the stairs I went. I handed off the envelope and the guy says "are you Nancy Donnelly". Now of course you know I get that alot :) so I smiled and said yes, yes I am. Anyway, turns out it was Matt (Candace's husband) and he was smiling from ear to ear happy as can be. This made my day and now I understood why God wanted me to go around the block and down that stairs!! To see Matt and get of course to over my pride! He was so sincerely happy to see me!!! Anyway, they are doing really well and I said they should come over for a burger which he thought was a good idea. It will be fun to see Candace again!!! I thought you'd like that.

Buy some of the matts the ladies at the church made - ok??? Also, when are you going to the market? I wish I could be there to see you in action - you put me to shame with your negotiating skills!!!

Love you lots - Mom xoxo

Garnet :) said...

Cloudy,drizzling and plus 5 here today typical March day.Yesterday was outstanding plus 17 wall to wall sunshine.Pastor Ron I think Pastor Steve is hanging around Gerry to much.If there was anything that would move Nancy to go on the mission trip would be the pictures you posted today of the special needs kids,she loves working with these kids and she is awesome at it.It is not hard to see that God is working in each and everyone of you. Alyson it is so nice to see the smile on your face as you are doing Gods work I'm so proud of you can't wait to see you and share with you all your stories and experience you have had love you and miss you kisses and hugs dad

Anonymous said...

Reg (dad) and Frisky both say hello but only Frisky misses you :)

Hannah said...

Brinkman family: While cleaning out more of the storage, we found old family videos. Mom and I stayed up 'till midnight watching them .. and I must say, I was the cutest baby. Obviously.
Tobie&Lucy: .. I did say we wouldn't watch too much heartland .... but , you might be more behind then you thought you'd be. Don't worry, again, nothing TOO drastic has happened .. at least nothing drastic to our favourite Ty and Amy ... ;)

And to all of you: Since you've all learned some spanish .. I have translated a very hiarious joke into spanish ... OK i used google translate, but don't tell anyone.

¿Quieres escuchar una broma buena pizza?
No importa, de que sea demasiado cursi!

See you all soon! My prayers are still with you!

Chris Hosmar said...

It's a good thing that I haven't seen much of you this trip, Dad. ;)

Rosy said...

Dear Mom,
Just thought you should know that I have finally gotten back on top of my allowance... I haven't collected since November 2010... I figured I should probably give you an early warning! ;)
Chris,
How's it going? Today was the first day I saw a picture of you with the kids! ...I guess you've always been a little camera-shy... John, don't let him escape the camera! ;)
Dear Leah,
You're awesome and we miss you! You're in my prayers!
Dear team Peru,
Keep up the great work!
Love, Rosy
P.S. Fun fact of the day: Today I realized that Sami doesn't chew his food; he just swallows it whole.... you probably don't want to know how I found that out... :P

Martha /George said...

To Jackie
Good to read about your happenings. Maybe there is a now career opportunity for you in starting a C H for adults in Peru. No on second thought we want you closer to home.
Love from Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Hi Again Everyone!
Hope you are having another great day full of blessings! Brenda you want to hear from your family so here it comes! Mom and Dad send their love and prayers, every time we read these blogs and see the pictures they are in tears. It is so cute! Sister Hennie sends her love as do the rest of the family. You went to a special needs centre! man I wish I could have seen that! Can't wait to hear all about it. The snow here is almost all gone and the weekend promises a warm welcome home to you all. Enjoy the rest of the week everyone and BRENDA we love you soooooo much! Everyone please give her a hug! And Dianne thank you for keeping an eye on her!

With love, Carolyne

Peter said...

Hi Wilma and Chris,
Things are going well here. Daniel is loving hockey and Caralynn is now a real baby sitter. And I am loving driving everybody all over the city. Rosy is helping out lots with good cooking. Rob M and family will be here for the weekend, to greet you when get home.
Caralynn and Rosalynn say "Hi Mina. I hope you are having fun. You look great. I can't believe you found a hat that could hold all your hair."
If Daniel were here he would say "I am learning to do backwards cross-overs".
And I say: I still can't find anything. Where are the hockey water bottles? What colour bin goes out for recycling today?
We love you both and miss you. Take good care. Peter/Dad, Rosy, Carrie and Daniel.

Jacob said...

Chris, how are you commenting on this?!?!?!?! You didn't drag your iPhone/girlfriend all the way to Peru with you, did you?
On another note, I am still praying for my partner Ben and the rest of your group, and I'm glad to see you're all having fun! Everyone remember to keep using sunscreen, doctors recommend at least SPF 15. Keep up the good work everyone!
-Jacob
P.S. Ron, glad to see you're breaking in a sweat dumping water on everyone while they're doing some REAL work. (jk jk, LOL)

Katrina H. said...

Hi Chris,
Love the picture of you in the blog! DON'T FORGET TO PUT ON SUNSCREEN!!

Dad,
Hope you're getting the sleep you need.

Kyle,
I like your picture too.

Aunt Edith,
Don't forget to eat your lunch. :)

Uncle Carl,
Nice job putting my Dad to work. :)

The whole Peru Team is in my prayers.

~Katrina

jackie said...

Hey all!! Keep up the great work!!! Steve quiet???? What's that all about?? Ahh Steve are you missing your KGB man buddies:( I guarantee you their wives are as great and besides Marsha is there!! Just joking Gerry... Blake when you get to that orphanage remember your mission - as many as possible in your suitcase!!! Love seeing you all with the adorable children:) Looks/sounds like God is hard at work in/with all of you - sooo proud! Birthday cake for Karly tonight- she appreciated the birthday wishes - thanks! Have been trying to be short with the comments but sounds like Ron says bring it on sooooo... Di is it all goood??? You know??? Lori Ann how's the sarcasim been - sounds like you may have competition (btw you know I love that about you)but way to go Pastor Steve! Marsha and Gerry, Sarah hung out with Brayden and Megan on the weekend - sounds like they had fun:)Brenda I am excited to see your extra pics, thanks so much! Hendrick, Steven K, Brad, Aly, Blake, you are all awesome!!!
So excited every day to see the pictures and hear about your day.
To all the rest of you, I know you are as great - praying for you all!
Hugs and kisses Steve and Blake from Jackie, Karlyna and Addison - the rest of you can have some too;)

Anonymous said...

hi leah!
we are so glad that all of you are doing so well
bob [who is at the barn working]
says;
bob, de-bob, dee -bo-bob, bobby, bob

bob for now
dad

George said...

Hi Di, Steven & Gang,

I enjoy waking up and reading your blog at 6:00 AM. It's nice to see everyone and the great work that's going on there. Now Di, I see you in your element with those teachers. I hope your getting some rest also. Nice to see Steven with the kids. O Lori-Ann, by the way they lost again last night! And my brother Gerry, I see you doing some dishes. I wish my dookie and I could be there for you man! Now most of our snow is gone and Di you could be gardening real soon. Hey Di our back yard is kind of a pond and guess who is back? Yes it's Daffy and his girfriend. It must be spring.Lots of robins also. Julia spent the day shopping with Anneka and she is going over to the Girards for a small suprise B-party for Karly.So I'am off to boot camp so Take care everyone and will be thinking and praying for you all.
God bless

George

Nicole said...

I'm back again. Mom, please take a child home for me! Please please please! They are so cute!
Love you guys,
Nicole

Brittany said...

Hi again to mom and Brad,

Jeez Brad, I chirp you once about not being in many pictures and then the next day you're in several. Take it easy! ;) haha I'm so glad you and mom are clearly enjoying yourselves. The dancing and crafts remind me so much of VBS at our church! So fun! Mom, great job with the blog entry... Hopefully you didn't annoy anyone nearby with your mumbling as you typed! It was nice to "hear back" from you personally though.

Kingston is soggy as usual, so enjoy the warmth while you still can! God bless :)
Britt

Sonya said...

Hi Gaelen,
I saw some of your pictures and it looks like you are working hard. Such a great service you are doing on your March Break. Hope you are fine and can connect with the people you are working with... How is that sunburn?
Tante Margaret

Looks like everyone is working hard and enjoying themselves too. Kudos to all of you! We're so enjoying the blog and photos.

Gaelen, definitely thinking of you, even from Lake Placid. Big hugs from all of us and keep up the great work.

Sonya, Mom

Anonymous said...

Its great to see all the pictures and comments about the great things you all seem to enjoy doing. May the lord continue to bless your work and bring you'all safely home.Renske and Tom

Anonymous said...

leah
yes - we ARE with you
yes - we DO want you to come home
and believer it or not silke misses you... and says that chase is really cute - he is staying till friday so you miss him -too bad
bob is sleeping and says that i must say
bob is very bobby because bob dreams are bobbish
sweet bob dreams for you too
mumsi-wumsy and daddykins

andrew/rachel said...

Hi Lori Ann !
we've tried many times to get messages through, but having computer probs. anyways, we read the blogs everyday. that leaf shirt is takin' a beating. we miss you. rachel hasn't wash her hair for a few days . . like you too? kids are getting use to my cooking. but not so much cleaning. i make the bed every morning . .not! anyways, it's all good and remember, WHATEVER YOU DO . . Phil 4:8. Love andrew, eric, mark & rachel

The Datemas said...

Megan- Hi kiddo. We miss you. You look like you're hot but happy. The weather here has been great. We have managed to get all the ice off the patio.
We hope you are sleeping well. You must be exhausted at the end of the day.
I not sure if you want to hear this but... we lost four fish in four days. Our two old? fish and two new fish. We will probably go back to the pet store for more. Wish us luck. Take care of each other. We love you. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Mom,Dad and
Amy.

Greetings to the whole gang. Keep up the good work. We've noticed that no has been sick. That's great. God is good....

Mary Jane Burrows said...

Michael Smith

It is midnight and we have just come home from Barrie. Made a detour to Toronto and Colburg to have dinner with your 88 year old Aunt Bev.

We are currently too tired to go to bed so we are messing with your facebook page.

We just posted your to your facebook page a picture of you and the sweet young sister that you are bringing home !!!!!

We know we will be in trouble when you get home but it feels so good to be BAD !! HAHA

Lots of prayers for you and the rest of the group from all the Smith relatives ...

Mom and Dad