Thursday, March 25, 2010

A wonderful homecoming.

Greetings all, Just a short note to tell you all that Chris and I are safely at home. The trip went well. We had to clear 3 immigration jurisdictions, but God placed 3 kind people in our paths. We know that because the U.S. immigration person said we could have been charged a good deal of $ to process simple paperwork as we passed through, but he felt sorry for us and wasn't going to charge us.


We have relinquished our temporary passports and will now start the process of obtaining new ones, as well as all the other items stolen. It was a nice surprise...well, Chris and I actually new that some of you would be at the airport thanks to Hannah B telling Chris via email, to see some of you at the airport to greet us. I got teary eyed, and ALMOST cried. : ) THANKS a TONNE for coming out to welcome us home. That really meant alot to Chris and I.


Thanks Brenda B for that thoughtful gesture. We will never forget that homecoming. Sometime next week I'll post some entries about our trip home, and final thoughts about this whole experience. I'll also share with you some thoughts about the REAL reason we did all of this....our Peruvian friends in Pachacutec. May our event not overshadow the work that continues to go on there.......and we know that God's work is being done because of all the OTHER not so good events that have happened on our return.


Chris and my situation was not the only tragic event that occured, but that is all I'll say about those events for now. Satan is not happy with what is going on between our two countries and our churches.....and his attacks are evident. More on that next week. Until then, thanks again and we will see some of you in church on Sunday........ Blessings.


4 comments:

Jackie deViss said...

That is awesome that you had nice, generous custom agents to process you through - where did you see God at work today?! Amen brother!

I'm so glad to hear you have arrived home and to the open hearts and arms of many - what a warm welcome after some incidents.
Satan does attack and we can't forget that. In small and large ways, in ways we might not know.
I will be back to read about this.

Sincerely a fellow servant,
Jackie

PS I do wonder about the woman who brought her 3 or 4 year - RoDriquez / or RoDriqa. They came on Monday and never saw them again (perhaps it was my singing!lol). He was an energetic boy with limited colouring skills and his mom speaking to him to do more. He also didn't like my singing! LOL It was quite funny. Completing a page in the Deep Justice Journal - the words that came to mind for her;
Come taste,
see that it is good.

Nancy Waldroff said...

Good Morning Peru Family,

Please keep Dianne Kuipers in your prayers. She lost her dad Monday morning. God was watching over both Dianne and her Dad and waited for her to return from Peru.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for everything you shared, Ron. As you shared about your vulnerability at the airport after your bag was stolen, it reminded me of times during my previous trips to India and Honduras when I realized I was completely dependent on God because I (stupidly, but a few times without a choice) would find myself somewhere where I realized I had no phone, no phone numbers with me, and no one around me spoke English! God protected me many times! Also, in Honduras, people have the same feeling about the police not being there to help you. It was better to stay away from the police in Honduras.... Similarly, Pepe's comment about how living in his nice condo helps him to carry on with his work in difficult places reminded me of British missionaries I stayed with in a lovely area of Mumbai, India, where we had many of the comforts of home. During the day, they worked with prostitutes in the slums (where it was too dangerous for them to bring me along), and they said they needed the respite of their nice apartment to avoid burn-out. I recall Jane Ritskes saying something similar to me years ago about her missionary work and lifestyle. Well, glad to see you and Chris safe and sound at home again :)

Joanne.

Joanne said...

Oops, I think I should clarify something I wrote above(and I tried to earlier but it looks like it didn't get posted). I meant to say that there have been times where I've found myself in very vulnerable situations in other countries either out of my own stupidity or when I didn't have a choice. I would put Pastor Ron and Chris' experience in the "didn't have a choice" category (wasnt trying to imply anything else, hehehe). I empathize with how they must have felt in that situation. Bye for now!