Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Ron and Chris need prayer

This is John B here. I'm taking over Ron's blog this morning. I received a call from Joycegina last night. As most of you know, Ron and Chris stayed an extra couple days in Peru. While waiting at the Lima airport for their return flight home, Ron's carry on bag was stolen. The bag contained (among other things) their passports, laptop and cameras. Obviously, they missed their flight last night. One of the translators who assisted during their visit is helping them get to the Canadian Embassy for assistance. Ron has asked for prayer support. I told Joycegina I'd send the request along to a wider group. In the short term there's not much else to do for them. Ron has some cash. Joycegina has canceled his credit cards. One of Ron's concerns is regarding identity theft. That would be a good thing to pray about. Meanwhile, for the rest of you who just came back from the trip -- don't delete pictures from your memory cards. I suspect Ron will be wanting to collect them again.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I spoke with Isaias (one of the translators) this morning just before 10am our time, and he said Ron was in the Embassy for a new passport. Our prayers are with you Ron and Chris!

Annette B said...

I just got a call from the Canadian Embassy in Lima to verify if I know Ron Hosmar.
I heard him in the background. So I said I knew him and then I asked the lady to say hi to him (and I heard him laugh in the background) and then I asked her to say that we were praying for him.
and that was it. I knew I might get a phone call cuz I talked to Joycegina and she mentioned I might get a call.

Anonymous said...

We are praying for your safe return. Sorry to hear about the theft. Jon and Cindy have many pics!!!

Sharon Denesi

The dB family said...

You have our prayers!

Blessings!
Murray and Deborah

Annette B said...

Joycegina called again.
She's going downtown to the passport office to verify that she is Chris's mom.
I'm going along for moral support.

Annette

Ken Vanderhooft said...

Ola,

This is very unfortunate and certainly not a nice way to end a trip. Our thoughts & prayers are with you Ron & Chris that you would be able to get things sorted out quickly and on your way home. Strength to you Joyce-Gina as this creates alot of stress for you too. We pray that Ron & Chris's identities are not hijacked. Please keep the updates coming as you know more.

Ken & Kim

Eric & Brenda said...

Our prayers are with you Ron & Chris. We pray that you get things sorted out soon and that you have a safe trip back to Canada.

Jeannine Westra said...

Ron and Chris, I'm praying for you. Remember that God has everything is his hands. I have no doubt that everything will work out in the end. I am just sorry that you and your family have to deal with the stresses of it. Know that there are lots of people praying for you and I hope to see you soon! We'll replace all your pictures :D

Mina said...

Ron & Chris, I'm keeping you in my prayers! So sorry to hear of this unfortunate turn of events! I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! Wishing you will return home soon, safe & sound. Best regards, blessings! Mina

Hannah B. said...

BTW
everyone at Redeemer is praying as well.
Come back soon, (if at all possible, or we could all move there) :P
Hannah <3