Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Classis Meeting - Fredericton NB


Way back on October 26 and 27 Classis Eastern Canada met in Fredericton, NB. 

I was priviledged to go as an elder delegate, as were Annette B as an elder delegate and  Steve M as a deacon delegate.  


Our plane left early from Ottawa.  6:00 am early. : (  Many of us travelled to Toronto and then flew from there to Fredericton.  I like flying.  We took a fairly large plane to Toronto, but a small turbo prop from Toronto to Fredericton.  Here's is our plane taking off from Toronto.    


Leaving Toronto I grabbed a quick pic before the flight attendant caught me.  


Somewhere over NB.  Where?  Couldn't tell you.  

We landed at Fredericton International Airport....getting out of the plane, I looked around and discovered our plane was the only one on the tramac.  Interesting word "International".  

A picture as we walk into the airport. 

We were assigned a driver to take us to the church.  They were instructed to take us on a bit of a tour of the city.  


Apparently this bridge has been worked on for years.  


Some of the nicer homes in NB.  

We travelled to the University of NB.  
It's built on a hill.  


A very nice place.  
Old buildings along with many new ones.  

Coming out of UNB.  
I would have liked to have walked around a bit.  Students must walk up and down the hills. I didn't see many level places to walk.   They must be very fit.  : ) 

We eventually arrived at the CRC.  A nice church.  


Inside the sanctuary chairs had been cleared away and tables set up to accommodate all of us.  You can see in this picture that even Pastors like to have fun.  Some dawned birthday hats to wish someone a happy Bday...I forget who that was...sorry (might have been Jean).  


We gathered for two days of discussions about the issues that pertain to Classis.  Some items caused pain, and others were quite uplifting.  

I always like going to Classis meetings.  It's sometimes monotonous work, but it's also great to see how God is at work in our individual congregations. 

Incidentally, I will be taking an oral exam in March 2013 at Calvary CRC for my "Commissioned Pastor"  title.  Scares me a great deal, but it's time.  : ) 


One of the nice things about Classis is the opportunity to stay at the homes of people in the church.  

I was privileged to go to a great home with two other delegates.  A very nice home and very hospitable couple.  We were very tired, but we spent several hours sipping wine and getting to know each other.  It was a wonderful time.  


After a short sleep we were up for breakfast.  A most delicious quiche was served to us.  


Before we knew it, our second day was done and we were on our way home.  We flew out of Fredericton, and on to Montreal, and then Ottawa.  Some of the others were flown to Toronto and then on to Ottawa.  


I offered to take Sid home, because he was one of those flying in from Toronto, and would be about 20 minutes late, and Chris had to come get me anyway.  Well, when we got to Ottawa, I discovered Sid's plane was going to be 40 minutes late.  

Being nice doesn't always pay.  : ) 

Annette and Steve were glad they came to Classis, and so was I.  

We meet again in March at Calvary CRC.  



No comments: