Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Bowling with ETM'rs - November 6



On Tuesday, November 6th, (yes, that was a bit ago, but better late than never) the ETM'rs of Calvin and youth leaders travelled to Merivale Bowling lanes for an evening of fun.  

After shoeing up, and getting our names inputted into the computer, we began to bowl.  Kevin started us off, showing some great technique.  : )  


Jeannine as well.   



Me, well, I just try to keep the ball out of the gutter.  : )  


 As you can tell from this picture, I look like a very old man (well, at least 1/2 of me does....)  : )  It's hard to bowl.  All that bending down....very difficult...very.....


Seems like Alexa knows what she's doing....that is Alexa, isn't it.....  : )  


Mel isn't the most avid bowling fan.  But she received great coaching from Kyle.  


Interesting face pose Jeannine.   


Hey, I didn't know you were behind me when that shot was taken.  I thought it was all about my technique...sigh.   


Megan interesting face pose for you too..... 


Mel still trying different ways to keep the ball out of the gutter.  Gotta get those bumpers up QUICK!!!

Lucy attempting a strike...


Kevin's fan club.   


Nicolette was also a pretty good bowler.  Interesting form though.  : )  


Michelle loves to bowl.   


Part of the fun of the game is making up names for the screen.  They often changed during the course of the evening.  I wonder who "donut lover" is.  hmmmm


Janine was our picture taker for the night.  Getting harder for her to bend and bowl.  : )  Here she is taking a bit of a break.   


Pay attention to bowling Lucy.  I've seen your score...you need to...bahahahaha



Ryan did a good job bowling too.   


 Now that's better poise Nicolette.  : ) 

There's Megan again...a VERY aggressive bowler,as you can tell from her facial expressions.  



Lucy taking the cautious approach.  She needed too.  I saw how she bowled.  Scary!   


It seems that Nicolette wants to teach Ryan some better technique.  She was a good coach.   


Here's Caralynn either bowling or praising God. Not sure. : )  


In between bowling, it's social time.  So much so, that often times people forget when to bowl......  : ) 

 Hmmm, interesting Lucy.  I guess you are starting over in your bowling technique.  




Here's Carraugh bowling.  I think she got a strike off that one.   


ok, so what is Lucy up to now.   


Ah, I get it now.  



As you can see, I didn't do well bowling this night.  sigh.  But my form is good.....I think.  oh, my aching knees.  : ) 


That was after the previous shot.  
You can see why I was pouting.   

Caralynn thinking: ....come on...strike...come on...strike...and Nicolette is VERY relaxed..using pretty much anything in the place for a chair.  





Well, Mel isn't fairing well this evening...  : (  She was a good sport though.   


We had some fun during the night as well. Part of that was trying to get people to bowl terribly.  Here you see me trying to scare Kevin by sneaking up behind him.  I was goaded into doing this, for the record....  : )  


Ah, caught in the act of changing names...AGAIN!!!

We played a couple of games and had lots of fun.  We'll have to do this again sometime.  


No comments: