Thursday, December 22, 2011

Youth Leader's Christmas Gathering

I love our youth leaders.  They do such a great job year in and year out.  We don't get much time to just "hang out"  though, so this year we decided to have a Christmas get together with all of us.  We held it a Janine's house.  

I brought the wine, and a lemon meringue pie that no one touched.  That didn't matter because there was lots of other  better food there.  Cream cheese, fruits galore, chocolate covered ginger, chocolate pudding.....notice the trend...lots of milk products.  For a guy who's lactose intolerant, you'd think these youth leaders were out to get me or something.  : )  

We socialized for a  bit, and then played a game that I've never heard of before.  In fact, I can't remember the name, but Jeannine will comment on it and tell us all what it's called.  

I have to say, I loved it, and tolerated it.  A crazy game for sure.  



 Mel had to sit behind a chair and make a fort and stay there until her next turn.  



 Jeannine, bringer of the game, laughed and laughed at us.  I ended up having to compliment her EVERY time she had a turn.  That was fun...really!  : ) 


 I had to wash my feet in Janine's sink  (sorry about that Janine, it wasn't my idea).  Janine gave me a spray bottle.  I then had to hold the card between my toes until my next turn....what kind of people think up these things......I also had to dance with Kevin, but he took the two backspace penalty rather than go a round with me  : )  I was hurt!!! bahahahah  I wasn't about to take a penalty, so I danced with myself.  We have video of that too, but I'm not putting THAT up....yet!  : ) 



 Janine had to speak like a gospel preacher  (so not her) as she read out her cards, and Andrea had to roll dice, pick her nose and yell every time she rolled  a 2.  I have video of it, but I won't embarrass her with it.  


 Janine had to wear this Christmas Tree decoration around her neck for the whole game, and do other strange things.  



This is what this game does to you.....  : ) 

Time went quickly.  I think we need to do this with a section of our youth group sometime.  It would be a BLAST!  

We soon departed ways.  

As we draw to the end of another year, let me just say that it is truly an honor and privilege to work with you Kevin, Ken V, Jeannine, Janine, and Mel.  Andrea it has been fun having you around too for this 1/2 year.  Blessings to you as you bring two new people into the world soon. 

Thanks for your work as youth leaders, and friendship.  Have a blessed Christmas time and see you in 2012.....

YAHOO!!!!!!!!!  : ) 


No comments: