Friday, December 9, 2011

Peru 2012 - Quilting Fundraiser

The Peru group continues to find ways to raise funds for their trip.  Jackie's mom happens to be a world class quilter, and she offered to host a quilting show and then a quilting training day for anyone interested.  

 Jackie solicited the help of Jeannine and her mom, as well as Melanie.  Here are Jeannine and her mom making sure things are ready for the training day.  



 10 women signed up for the quilting training day.  Here you see them all set up and working hard.  



 What I know about quilting could fit on the head of a pin, but Margaret looks very in to whatever new thing she is being taught.  



 Kim seems to be having lots of fun too.  So, what's with the gloves????  (Did I mention I know NOTHING about quilting....it shows eh!  : )) 


 Here's Annet enjoying herself, except for the fact that I'm taking her picture..........  : ) 



 Cheryl working hard, but notice.....NO GLOVES.....
I'm so confused!  




 Here are some large quilts from Jackie's mom.  
They look beautiful.  


 Here's Jackie's mom helping Jane with some pattern techniques.   Way over my head, but it looks like Jane is enjoying herself....which is the objective on a day like this. : )  


 Lunch was a time to talk and get acquainted.  


 It was also a time for the help to eat.  I was texted telling me that soup was on, and there were meatballs in the soup. Luckily I was just next door at Food Basics.   I arrived rather quickly.  The soup was delicious.....




Jackie and Jeannine wanted the church sign changed to advertise the quilting trunk show.  Here they are getting ready to change the sign once again.  I think they had way too much fun doing it. 

All in all it was a successful fundraiser for the group of four.  Nice job ladies.  A special thanks to Jackie's mom for coming from Toronto to Ottawa to participate in this great event.

  

No comments: