Friday, February 26, 2010

Good CLEAN fun!

This past Tuesday our youth group tried to go skating on the Rideau Canal. We try to go at least once when it is open, but it was not meant to be. All day it had been raining and warming up, and by the time we arrived, they had just closed the Canal. Since we were there already, we decided to have a beaver tail at the kiosk on the canal. That opens up the story for the evening.......
Here is the group ordering their beaver tails. They are way too expensive, but well worth it once a year. : )
Taste good Chris?
Rosy didn't want to have one, but it looks like Leah is really enjoying hers.
Yes Jacob....that really is a beaver tail......
Once the beaver tails were consumed, something quite natural happened. We looked at the surrounding snow and well, what does one do if one can't go skating, but there's lots of great packing snow around you?
You take that snow and you begin to place that snow down the backs of anyone you can find. Kevin and I just happened to find Rosy FIRST!!!! : )
Here's Chris getting in a good shot....he got LOTS of good shots actually.
The boys must have been afraid of the girls. They hid in the Christmas trees.
A wise person once said, "It's fun until someone looses an eye!" Well, in our case it wasn't an eye, it was an eye glass lens. Hannah's to be exact. Someone hit her in the face and the force of the snowball popped her glass lens out. Here we are looking for it.
Someone took my camera and took a flash shot in the hopes that it would reflect off her lens. It didn't work. What DID work was really cool. I prayed as I was looking for Hannah's lens that God would direct me to find it. I knew that finding Hannah's lens would be like finding the proverbial "Needle in a hay stack." It was dark, her lens was not tinted, and the snow was very white. Not a great combination.
After about 5 minutes of looking, I happened to look down and saw a reflection of a distant street light on the white snow. Instantly I knew it was Hannah's lens. I reached for it and picked it up. We all could have stepped on it, but didn't. Some might say that was a coincidence, but I know it wasn't. God helped me find that lens.....................
We were back on for snowball fighting again. Rosy seemed quite determined to get me back for getting her first. She managed to several times, but I got her several times again too.....
All good things must come to an end, and soon it was time to go. We dragged our soggy coats, hats and mittens (for those that took mittens) back to our vehicles. My glasses fogged up instantly!
Here are the girls looking very soaked, but this was much more fun than going skating....and I think all of us would agree! Good Clean Fun!
Some video clips below.

4 comments:

Rosy said...

Um, actually Ron, I wanted a beaver tail, but I wasn't allowed (lent thing). And Jacob's name is Jacob not Jonathon...

Ron said...

Oh, that explains it. Sorry about that. I fixed the Jonathan Jacob thing too.

Have you dried out yet? I SURE was fun having that snowball fight with you. You don't give up easily. You must get that from your dad?

Unknown said...

Bring some of that snow down to Peru for us! How fun!

Looking forward to seeing all of you soon.

-Erin and Pepe

Anonymous said...

MAN
i love that shot at the beginning
when i hit chris in the head.
HA.
=)
Hannah <3