Saturday, February 13, 2010

Calvin Quilters

Every two weeks, like clockwork, you will find several ladies from Calvin CRC gathering in the church basement. They are always lugging these heavy sewing machines, cloth, and other items that are necessary to produce top quality quilts made with skill, and most of all, love!
This year we as a Peru Team, once again, asked for their help. We needed bags made for the VBS portion of our time in Peru. They agreed to help us out. Below you will see them in the process of making 150 VBS bags, with the resulting end product in the second picture.
We THANK YOU ladies for this act of love and mercy. The children receiving these bags will have a keepsake from their VBS to last a long time.
Now, just so you know that even though I consider these ladies to be in the category of "saints," they do show that they are in need of grace, just like you and I. : )
How you ask (and I know you are asking that right now)?
Let's just say that during the process, one quilter in particular wasn't having a great time making the bags. As I was taking the pictures below, that person made sure I knew it too. I won't divulge who that was because of course, we might need to ask them for help again in the future, but I KNOW the quilting group knows who that person is (tee, hee).
Oh, and I wasn't supposed to call the wonderful ladies "bag ladies" either, so just so you know ladies, I didn't call you that. : )
Thanks again for your labour of love. We look forward to giving these bags out for children to decorate and make their own.

Can you guess who's NOT having LOTS of fun?

You'll never guess..................

The end result x's 150

No comments: