Wednesday, October 14, 2009

ETM/CIA first meeting night - Spoons and other things

Last night was the first night of our combined ETM/CIA meetings. Every other week we will meet together with our grade 7 & 8's (ETM) and our grade 9 & 10's CIA). Below is a picture diary of the evening, with two videos attached for your viewing pleasure. : )
Here the group begins to form at 7:00 pm. I now have my son and daughter in this group. I'm hopeful they'll get along. :)
Here Ken does his usual picture add on. I asked Hannah to be in charge of games and she requested oven mitts for the evening's game. Seems that you can play spoons with oven mitts too.
Jacob, always the consummate actor, decided to put his oven mitts to other uses. We call him king Jacob now.
Here I am giving some opening announcements, and basically stalling for Hannah who forgot playing cards for the game. How can you play spoons without cards? We came up with a solution.....
The group gathers in the fellowship hall and prepares for spoons.
Very nicely arranged spoons and oven mitts.
What an organized group.
There's my daughter in the midst of it all. Always smiling.
Apparently some in the group resorted to cheating. Here is Jonah, caught in the act. Shame, Shame, Jonah : )
Seems like he didn't like what he saw in the cards, as his facial expression explains to us.
Hannah is taking no prisoners.....
Chris and Jonah have developed a new way to gather up the spoons. Using your feet now Chris?
Ben and Makusi, this is NOT a contact sport, eh!
Now I didn't know that this picture was being taken, but it sure made me laugh. My first thought is that this is what I'll be like when I'm 70 and still a Youth Pastor (It's possible you know). Hunched over with no teeth and falling asleep even before those all-nighters begin......
After the game we split the groups up into ETM and CIA. ETM watched a video and discussed it. CIA prepared a drama for helping out with Friendship group for next Tuesday. Stay tuned for that write up next week.
Kevin and Janine assisted, or maybe supervised, or it could even be barked orders, at the group, and held up the poster that will be shown for the drama.
Chris will play John the Baptist and Megan is being baptized.....looks quite painful actually.....hmmmmm
Here is Jeannine with some of the ETM'rs talking and getting to know each other. A VERY relaxed group as you can see....I wonder if they put their feet up on the dinner table at home....I'll have to ask their parents about that. : )
At the end of the evening I showed a funny video clip during snack time. I like to do that and the group seems to like the comedy. Here Ken and Fontana get a chuckle out of a skit involving the parts of the body......
Below are two video clips of the game of spoons in action.
No one was inured during the creation of these videos. : )

4 comments:

Jeannine said...

Ron, that's not Hannah being baptized...just so you know :P Sheesh, you've known these kids longer than me, Ron...haha

Jeannine said...

Also, second video...watch Jonah..were they not supposed to wear both mitts before they grabbed a spoon?! Haha

Leah said...

Hey Ron.... yeah like Jeannine said...It was Megan (sorry if I spelled that wrong) being baptized, not Hannah!
Nice Blog BTW(By The Way)

RonH said...

Yep, Chris caught that. I was typing faster than my brain was thinking. Getting older you know : )

As for Jonah....he cheats you know! : )