Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Calvin's Thanksgiving Potluck

Every church has it's set of traditions. Here at Calvin we often offer a fellowship pot-luck meal on the Sunday of Thanksgiving. It allows those who may not have family to go to, or simply want to fellowship together with fellow Calvinites to have a place to be on Thanksgiving.

This year we had a good turnout of about 20 or so. It was good to see these people come out, and I trust it was good for them to be with others on Thanksgiving. The food was awesome, and I'm always amazed to see how we always seem to have enough, and in the right variety. See the pics below to get a taste of our time together.

People getting to know each other.

...continuing to get to know each other as food is being warmed, etc.

The kitchen was humming with activity as food was being prepared by all who came. I stayed out of the kitchen... : ) Here we all are after our great meal, and settling in for dessert.
A shot from the other side of the table.
My daughter gave a thumbs up to the desserts...they were yummy!
I too liked the desserts, and the coffee to go with it. I think I have my mouth full of food here.....one of the few times it's not flapping with something to say... : )
As we now move away from Thanksgiving weekend, may we continue to hold each other up as a community of faith, especially those who are lonely and/or without family to fall back on.

No comments: