Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Best Snack Ever!

This past Tuesday CIA and ETM met again for a night of fun and fellowship and some REALLY GREAT food. We began the night with some announcements, and as I was doing that I noticed that Hannah had a scar on her head. I asked her about her scar story. I then thought to myself, "Self, others must have scar stories too, why not ask the group in general?" So I did! Well did the flood gates open or what....... Scar story after scar story came pouring out of these kids mouths. Some were very interesting, others quite gross.
An interesting way to get to know everyone....I think next time it will be stupid stories....I bet we've all got a few of those....right Janine : )
For our game that night Hannah put everyone in a circle. Someone gets blindfolded, twirled around to disorient them and then that person finds someone sitting down. They then ask for an animal sound, and they have to try to guess who it is making the sound. Hilarious. Here is William taking a shot at it.
Here is Kevin trying to get Fontana to laugh or something. I think he's cheating.
After game time we took some time to learn about Jericho Road. We will be visiting their coffee house next Wednesday and I wanted them to know a bit about the place before we went. I hope parents received the information too???????????
Then it was time for snack. Now I'm not that particular about what gets brought for snack to youth group. The usual fair is chips, pop, popcorn, or cookies. NOT TONIGHT!!!
Take a look at that wonderful looking pizza dough creation made by Simon and Cheryl. Chocolate and strawberries and kiwi, etc. It was AMAZING!
Here is a cold veggie version. Yum, Yum.
Here is everyone digging in. They all loved it.
So parents....the bar has been set.
I expect nothing less from the rest of you!!! (Tee, hee).
Anything else would be so disappointing.
Above and beyond the call Cheryl, above and beyond the call....I think I'll put you in the snack rotation more often now : ) .

No comments: