Thursday, December 20, 2018

Trip to Seafarer Centre in Montreal


I think it's been 14 ish years now that I've made the annual trek to Montreal to deliver the seafarer Christmas parcels.


This year I took 77 from Calvin and gifts from a couple of other churches as well.  : ) 


I have taken youth, Cadets, GEMS, and Joycegina, and just me over the years. 
I always invite people to come because it's good to go and see this ministry face to face. 
This year I took 4 plus me.  

We started by loading the gifts into my box trailer. 


A good thing I brought it because we filled it.  


Jason came along.  


And Ethan


Ummmm, Ethan..what are you doing? 


The loaded trailer being inspected by Corwin and Ethan. 

The classic pic with the group and the presents. 
So, Jason, Corwin, Adele, and Ethan. It's time to go! 


About 1/2 way there we stopped at Tim's. 
A pic of our transportation.  


The group excited to get a coffee  : ) 


Not very busy, but the service seemed slow.  


We arrived in good time considering all the road construction in Montreal.  


Time to unload.  





Adele, that's a unique way to carry a gift. 


We helped restock the room. 
Gifts were getting low it seems.  

Sweet


Time for lunch.  

The ever popular money board.  


Jason was new to the centre so he started doing what he does best...ask questions.  : ) 

Eventually a group tour.  


A map of the port. 

Michelle has been working here for many many years. 



The chapel.  


The long view of the centre. 
A nice place for seafarers to gather. 
We were soon off once again and homeward bound. 
An uneventful trip home, thankfully. 

Thanks to all who donated parcels and thanks to all who kept me company this time around.  : ) 




No comments: