Friday, January 21, 2011

Surprise Party

Greetings once again.  It's been a while since I've posted an entry on my blog.  The holidays and work have kept me from making entries, so now it's catch up time.  

Back in December of 2010 CIA held a surprise party for Megan, Hannah and Chris.  Leah and Fontana had been planning this for months.  It wasn't easy keeping the plans from them.  

We had to find a way to get them to Fontana's house, without letting them know what was going on.  It was decided to fake going to see the new Harry Potter film.  Chris has already seen it, but wanted to go again, and Hannah was so pumped to go.  Megan didn't quite get it, but she came along anyway.  



 I picked up the three surpisee's and drove them to Fontana's house.  They thought they were going to meet there and go to the movie once everyone else arrived.   In fact everyone was already there.  Fontana let them in, and Chris, the typical boy, simply said to Fontana, "I gotta go to the bathroom."   

Well, the intent was to show the three of them Fontana's new house, but Chris' request threw all of that out of whack.  What could Fontana do?  She HAD to show him to the  bathroom, so that's what she did.  She brought Megan and Hannah to the basement, where the rest of CIA was waiting for them and surprised them.  



 My son did what he had to do, and then came downstairs VERY confused.  He didn't get the fact that they weren't going to the movie.  Was quite bumbed about that actually. He didn't get it was a surprise party for his Bday too, because his Bday happened back in October.  


I think Fontana used the words "Chris, you're a poop!"  alot.  




 Well, eventually Chris warmed up to the idea, and the others were quite surprised and happy.  Here's the cake that Fontana and Leah made for them.  Nicely done.  



 There were tonnes of other goodies as well.  




 The group got gifts for them.  Hannah Got a T-shirt.


 Megan got a nice necklace.



Chris got a nice shirt too.  
I think he's even worn it in public.  : ) 



I lucked out too.  They got me a gift as well.....though I'm not sure what kind of a message they were trying to send to me by getting me a Grinch shirt.  Hmmmmmm  : )  Joy certainly liked it.  


 After the gifts and the shock wore off for everyone, the group played some games.  




Here's most of the group posing for a picture.  I had to leave shortly after arriving.  Wanted to let them have fun without their Youth Pastor breathing down their necks.  A nice thing you did, Fontana and Leah.  All part of being a great youth group and having so much fun together.  



1 comment:

Chris Hosmar said...

Two things.. First, I drove us to the party... and second, no I have not worn that shirt in public