Saturday, June 19, 2010

Youth Group Party at Graham and Mary-Jane's - another drownfest

School is almost out, but that doesn't mean the fun can't begin before hand.  High School students have just finished their exams in Ottawa, but Elementary schools have one more week to go. 

CIA/ETM decided to hold a simple pool party at the home of Graham and Mary-Jane's.  Thanks for your wonderful hospitality.  

I was in attendance, so rain was a definite possibility, but once again, we weren't going to let that stop us having some fun.  It did, and we didn't  : ).  I'd like to write about our adventures of the afternoon in story form if I may.  The names have NOT be changed to protect the guilty.....




We begin our story with two mischievous characters.  Megan and Rosy.  Both were tired from all that studying for exams, and I do recall Rosy whining about being tired and not wanting to come.  For someone who was tired, you'd wonder where she managed to gather up all her energy for the afternoon.....hmmmmm

Said group arrived at Graham/Mary-Jane's, and we immediately were served food.  Here you see Chris and Sarah being the gracious guest and partaking of the feast.   



I know where Rosy got all that energy.  From the Ju Jube's!!!!  She had a lot of them.  You can't see what's going on in her mind, but she was plotting against her enemies from the start.  

Michael didn't want to be left out, so he sat down and also began to eat, and eat, and eat.......

Graham had travelled far to gather the meat for the day.  Ground round, pressed into round ground.  I don't think these were happy cows : ).  We were happy carnivores, however.   


Here you see the hungry brood smacking their lips in anticipation of filling their growling stomachs.  



Sarah and Tori sat down to drink in the silence of the afternoon, and digest before jumping into the pool.  




Simon was doing target practice with a small firearm that uses water for its ammunition.  I laughed at the smallness of the firearm.  Little did I know that there were much LARGER ones stashed away that came out very quickly hereafter.  

Now, I must confess something.  Having water guns in a pool seems like a bit of an oxymoron to me.  How about you?  I mean, I was already wet, and yet, I get pummeled with water from these annoying toys.  Kevin was no help either.  He just added to the misery.   : )  



During our water fest, the rains did come.  It didn't bother us though, seeing as how we were already covered in H2O.  What's a bit more.  Our belongings managed to stay dry inside the home.  


Maybe we shouldn't have put them there Mary Jane?????   : )   







Not only was there a very large circular tub for us to cool off in, under a newly constructed overhang there also lay a VERY NICE hot tub. Now, once again that word hot tub COULD be cons-crude as an oxymoron.  A HOT tub, needs to be HOT, right.  This one was a balmy 85 degrees.  We asked Graham if he'd turn it up for us, and he did.  It gradually warmed up.  


Here is the group enjoying the rain, and water guns.  

Ah yes.  Back to Rosy.  The non energetic one.
That stuff you see on my shoulder does look a bit like snot if you ask me, or maybe recycled phlem, but in actual fact, it's caramel.  It was supposed to be used as a dip with some fruit, but soon became something I was wearing.     


Kevin came to my aid to protect my honour  (and the fact that he's much stronger than I am and his bones aren't as brittle as mine).  He was going to teach Rosy a lesson.  What better way to do that then......
.....to throw her in the pool.   Don't worry, no humans were hurt in the making of these pictures.  

Ah, Michael,  more tan man, more tan....  : ) 

All that play works up an appetite so we were soon eating once again.  Olivia, on the left, proved to be another worthy opponent in the pool.  She just needs to cut those nails.  I have huge scratches on my back now......... 

Soon our afternoon of fun had to come to a close.  Interesting that these same two faces ended up at the end of my pictures, just as they began.  Sometimes things come full circle in stories, and they have in this case.  Until next time Rosy.....until next time........(you too Megan!!).

4 comments:

Rosy said...

Actually Ron... I did not get my energy from the ju jubes... i just happened to be eating one when Kevin threw me in the water... and the pictures of me on here are HORRIBLE! and you say that I take bad pics...why are my eyes always closed in pictures and my mouth always open... :P

Ron said...

Hey, I didn't take either of those two pictures Rosy. YOU DID!!!!! You need to be asking yourself those questions.... : )

Emanuel's Blogs said...

I enjoyed view your blog Pastor
be blessed

Website's web said...

nice blog
http://www.websitesweb.co.cc/