Monday, December 1, 2008

GEMS Jewels

Every other Thursday evening (the same as the Boys Club) girls from grades 2 - 6 meet in the basement of Calvin CRC. They gather to hear stories of the Bible, do badges, crafts, and other fun events. About 12 girls and 5 counsellors gather together to have lots of fun and get to know each other better. As you see in the pictures below, the night that I happened to be there, the girls were being very sweet. Or should I say creating something sweet : ) ! They were working on their baking badge. The final creations look very good actually. My daughter (who has a wonderful sweet tooth) just LOVED this evening. It looks like the other girls had lots of fun too. I'd like to thank the ladies who come out each week to help give these girls a time of learning, discovery, fun, and fellowship together. They too ALL love coming, and your sacrifice of time does not go unnoticed. Thanks again........and I'll get you all back for pumping my daughter full of sugar just before she came home that night. (Whew!!) : ) If you'd like to know more about our GEMS program, simply email me at youthpastor@calvincrc.ca and I'll be glad to answer any of your questions.
The finished product of lots of hard work for their baking badge. They look eager to eat them, don't you think?
A close up of those delicious cup cakes. I didn't even get to have one : (
Hey, I thought you were supposed to be making icing for the cupcakes, not the furniture?
A collaborative effort brought about this delicious result.
The group hard at work doing their craft/Bible study time....well, most of them anyway. Someone's taking a break and eating their badge work. : )

No comments: