Thursday, January 22, 2009

A second opinion

Well, it never hurts to get a second opinion, eh. !! After ETM, my arm was still pretty bad, so I figured I'd take the adventure of going to the Queensway Carleton Hospital for another look see. It's under construction, and the insides look very nice. I was greeted by a triage person who assessed me. Took my BP and Temp. Examined the arm. Then it's off to the waiting room. About 15 minutes later, I'm called up to a registration booth and they double check the information. Then back to the waiting room. About 45 minutes later, I was called into the ER. Not bad waiting from what I've heard. As you walk through the large wooden double doors you are greeted to a warm atmosphere. All kinds of rooms and a large nurses station set off to one side. I was very impressed. Then it's change into a top gown time and wait. Took about 15 minutes for the Dr. to come, and I overheard lots of interesting nurse conversations. The female Dr. was very kind and thorough (she didn't even laugh when I told her what happened). She checked out my arm for a good 7 - 8 minutes. The end result - an x-ray. I made my way to the x-ray room and waited for only 3 minutes or so. Then the fun began. In order to get the x-rays they wanted, I had to turn and twist my elbow and wrist in ways that I was not able to do. I haven't been in that much forced pain in years.....even brought tears to my eyes (but I'm good now:) : ) The end result. A RECONFIRMATION that nothing is broken, just very badly bruised in the joints. I guess I'll trust the second opinion. P.S. The next day the satellite installers came. Turns out I didn't have to clear the roof after all. arrggghhhhh. The satellite isn't working yet - technical difficulties. On Monday they will come to resolve them..... I was able to have some great conversations with the installers however. A husband and wife team. A good time to just get to know them and learn about their lives and share what I do and why. That in itself was worth the injury and the issues with the satellite.

No comments: