Friday, April 18, 2008

Oh Death, where is your sting

Hello all, I just heard that an elderly member of our church just died of a massive heart attack last night. I knew this wonderful lady. I was actually going to go see her in the next couple of weeks because her husband isn't doing well and has been in and out of hospital for the past several weeks. She had a wonderful sense of humour, yet a caring personality. I'm once again struck by the fragility of life. How we should be making every day count, and living somewhat like it was our last day here on earth. I'm struck again by the suddenness of death, and how it continues to disrupt lives, cause pain for those left behind, and comes at any moment. I'm also comforted to know that death is not final, if you believe in Christ, and this lady did. I know she's not with us, but she is with her Lord and we will now prepare to celebrate her life and remember her love for her family, her husband, and her Lord. As we continue on with our lives, plan for this, prepare for that, strive to achieve our goals, let us be reminded daily that we are not here on this earth for ourselves, but for the glory of God. Another jolt in my life as I digest this sudden news. Blessings to those who now mourn and grieve and prepare to lay to rest a mother, wife, and servant of our Lord.

No comments: