Saturday, August 8, 2009

Kingdombound 2009 - Monday

We were up at 8:30 am and I made breakfast for Shawn, Chrs, Kyle and myself. Bacon and Eggs…..mmmmm good. The boys did the dishes (a good arrangement I think). Graham, Alex, and Michael cooked their meal with us and we all ate together. It was then time to head into the park and take in the rides. As it turns out, the sun was actually shining today….what a change from July : ) . It’s promising to be a beautiful day.

Michael and Alex decided to head into the park before us. The rest of us took in several roller coasters. Not much of a wait for some and we were able to go on the Mind Eraser 5 times in 20 minutes, which is VERY good. Graham is not a roller coaster type person, but he graciously waited for us at each ride. He did manage to do a water ride with me, and the Ferris wheel (which I HATE BTW).

At 2:30 pm Graham and I headed back to the campsite. I grabbed a shower, as this is the best time of day to get one without waiting, and then I had a snack. Alex, Graham, and Michael are sitting here with me relaxing. The rest are at the Hello Kelly concert. We can hear it from our camp site…..clear as a bell : ) . More on the rest of our day later……Time to relax a bit more. : )

Hello again. The boys came back from the Hello Kelly Concert with lots of pictures and signed posters from the band members. They were pretty excited. We settled in for a supper of Kraft Dinner and Peas. Yummy : )! Graham was serving steak with corn on the cob and since Michael wanted Kraft dinner, he offered me his steak….Hey, I’m not one to refuse, so I got steak to eat this evening!

After everyone cleaned up (Chris even offered to do dishes of all things) the boys were off to hear the bands Pillar and Skillet play and I went off to hear Paul Baloche, Bob Lenz and Casting Crowns. Paul Baloche sang many of my favorite contemporary hymns. He has a knack of hitting you where the Spirit is moving.

Shawn joined me after the Skillet concert and we listened to Bob Lenz give a talk. He’s an unorthodox kind of speaker and I really liked his message. Don’t settle for second best when God wants what’s best for you. Too many people get hurt in life and recoil thinking God is not their friend, or not for them and they head down a life that is not God centered any longer. Bob called them back to a life with God at the centre. He was so honest about the pain that life brings because of sin. He also had lots of questions for God still today, but it’s okay to ask the questions in the midst of our relationship with Him.

Bob’s final 10 minutes were spent challenging people to sponsor a Compassion Child. Our family sponsors a child in Peru. Bob’s family sponsors seven…. Another reminder that even in these bad economic times, there are others who are worse off then we who live in one of the richest countries in the world (North America).

Then it was time for Casting Crowns to play. The Compassion tent was packed. They are such a great group to hear. The songs they sing are powerful if you let the words sink into your soul. I went away refreshed and challenged once again, simply through worship songs.

Shawn and I walked the 12 or so minutes back to the campsite and found the group there. Graham and Michael were off to bed, and Alex was reading. The others were ready to share their concert experience with us, and they did.

It’s midnight now, and time for bed. Here are some pictures of the day, in case you wanted the visual affect. See you in the morning.

Zack is busy cleaning up the orange juce that spilt off the table. I stopped him just in time from putting that stuff BACK in the container. : )

Bacon on the stove.....mmmmmm

Waiting for breakfast....while I'm cooking!!

Chris and Kyle ready to take a ride on the Boomerang.

Once again Chris convinced me to go on the Ferris Wheel. I don't like heights, but agreed to go.

Here's a picture of the Boomerang.

Here I am waiting in line for the Ferris Wheel.

Graham was right beside me.

The ferris wheel.....yuck....

Here are some great pictures from the top of the ferris wheel. It will give you an idea of the park layout.

The water park. Section 1.

The water park. Section 2.

Here's a new ride. The motocoaster.

We took in the log ride....the one gentle roller coaster that Graham would go on.

There were some skate boarders and BMX bikers who did shows for the crowd.

Here I am on a ride.

Zack and Chris waiting in the crowd for the concert.

Hello Kelly in concert.

The crowd is enjoying themselves.

Chris got up close and personal with the band members.

So did Shawn.

There was an excellent artist that would draw as songs were being played.

This was either Pillar or Skillet, I'm not sure.

I listened to Casting Crowns on the main stage. AWESOME!

No comments: